Today has been a productive spiritual day for me. I got up this morning and looked at the countdown Natalie and I started when we were going to finish The Book of Mormon and I am a little behind. I was upset when I saw that because before me and her started the book I said to her that we aren't going to be playing the catch up game and that we need to constantly be reading our chapters everyday. It is hard with all the things going on right now with our busy schedules but that still shouldn't be an excuse. There is always time for the Lord.
When I was reading in The Words of Mormon today I came across this verse. Chapter 1:7
The spirit hit me while reading this in church today. I don't know everything but I do know that the Lord knows all and he knows all the answers to all the why questions we ask him. All we have to do is have faith in Him and act according to the promptings of the spirit. I love the part when Mormon says, ''he worketh in me to do according to his will." I know that I will always proclaim his name and always will do his will here and after this life. I am so excited to have Natalie right beside me for the ride because I know she has the biggest testimony of this church. We are going to do amazing things together!
During church today a brother in our ward gave a talk. He said, ''My mom would always make fresh baked cinanmon rolls. She would put them in the oven and once they started to bake the aroma started to fill the household. I always loved that as a kid smelling those rolls.'' After he stopped talking about the cinnamon rolls and I calmed down my appetite he quickly made an analogy about those cinnamon rolls. The aroma of the cinnamon rolls is like scripture study. Once you open the scriptures and feast upon the words (personally and as a family) thats when your home will be filled with a spiritual aroma. I loved hearing that story and I always want to have that in Me and Natalie's home forever. I decided to make my roommates some cinnamon rolls today.

There was a lot of talk about prayer today. We even sang Prayer is The Souls Sincere Desire today. I love how it says, ''prayer is the simplest form of speech that infant lips can try.'' I can't wait to teach our kids how to pray everyday. Another thing that our branch President said today when he was closing our last meeting block was, ''EVERYONE can go to bed, ask for forgiveness and wake up the next morning and be forgiven.'' I learned a lot today in church. It's amazing to me that we can go to church week after week and still learn something new.
-Cru Leavitt

No comments:
Post a Comment