Saturday, May 23, 2015

This was origanlly posted on my person blog OVER HERE but since its a little bit about our story we decided to copy and paste it over on our blog.

Don't mind all the errors. We haven't revised these. Sorry!!

Crus story. 

Now being engaged to Natalie I have been thinking a lot about how we began to fall in love with each other and how fast it all happened.

I officially met Natalie at my house in Provo, Utah. I received the most random phone call from her and she told me she was on her way over to my house. She totally invited herself over to my place! Immediately after that phone call I was running around my house trying to clean up everything in sight because it looked like a bomb went off. She showed up quickly with her best friend. Me and my other roommates were watching a movie and doing homework. (Typical night of the semester.) I was sitting at the desk on my computer writing a English paper when they came in and sat down on the couch. Natalie quickly pulled out her phone and started taking pictures of me and my friends. The thing I remember the most about that night were all the comments that Natalie said about my eyes and other features about me. She was full of complements. Her sense of humor and fun personality was such a catch. The saddest part of the night was when she left. She stayed and talked with all of us for about 15 minutes and when she left I walked back into the room with all of my friends and saw all of their jaws dropped because they were blown away from how attractive they both were. I immediately said, "yeah guys those girls are way out of our league they are never coming back." That night I kept texting Natalie. Whenever she texted me I quickly responded and didn't take my eyes off of my phone to wait for a reply. I was talking about her weekend plans and I quickly realized that she was a nanny for a family and had to nanny the whole weekend and had no time to hangout. She told me that I could come over for a little bit when she puts the kids to bed but I couldn't wait that long to see this girl again. I woke up that next morning, went to school, and hurried my way over to her nanny house to see her. Seeing her with four kids under the age of 6 was a headache and a half. I had no idea how she did it and still does it day in and day out. I tried my best to help her with anything to make it easier on her part but she seemed to get everything done easier with me out of the way. haha I spent the next 4 days with Natalie with those crazy kids and I have never seen someone so well with kids in my life. She was so patient with all of them.

Natalie and I moved fast with our relationship. I remember the night I asked her to be my girlfriend. We had been hanging out for only 1-2 weeks and we were in my house laying on the couch in front of the fire. We were talking and having fun with each other but she kept on saying the word “friend” to me. I couldn’t stand that word any longer and I said, “what are we? what are we even doing with each other?” She said, "what do you mean?” She knew exactly what I meant but I had to just say it. I said, “lets be exclusive. I don’t want to date anyone else. I want to be your boyfriend.” Let it be known that I had no intentions in getting into a relationship. I have always said to my friends when it happens it happens. I said that literally a week before meeting Natalie. I don’t know what overcame me with her but I could be my complete self with her. Every time I hung out with her my face would hurt from smiling so much. Ever since that talk on the couch I have only been separated from Natalie due to volleyball tournaments I have in different states over the weekends. Those days when I am separated from her are hard. I will catch myself seeing something or thinking something and Natalie isn’t there to tell her or share that experience with her. I always want to share things with my best friend.

During the time I have spent with Natalie I have noticed a lot of things but the thing that I noticed the most while dating Natalie is that she has the biggest heart for everyone she comes in contact with. Whenever seeing someone she knows well she always gives them the biggest hug and tells them that she loves them. She doesn’t just pore her heart out to people she is well aquatinted with, she has always given a giving hand to special ed kids, and kids that have been left out at school. I think that is the easiest way to make Natalie cry is when she hears a kid being left out at school. I absolute love that caring and loving heart that she has for everyone.

Natalie and I have been on a lot of trips together but the most rememberable trip that I will cherish for the rest of my life would be our trip to Hawaii. We went to Oahu, Hawaii March 12-18th. We went to Hawaii with 9 of our closest friends. Natalies two sisters (Paige and Abby), Demi, Mike, Ciaran, Reed, Brandon, Milo, and Blake. We stayed at a beach house right by pounders beach. We all got there and immediately put on our swimming suits and went to that beach. We all ran into the water and it started raining super hard. We all danced and screamed as laughed as we could. We did so many things and ate in so many different places throughout the week. We had no worries, just having fun with our best friends in the most amazing place. Prior to this trip Natalie and I have talked about getting married. We designed the ring she wanted and I received that ring 2 weeks before we left to Hawaii. I would stare at that ring every chance I could get. I was killing me that it was still in my possession. I just wanted it to be hers already and let everyone know that she is my fiancĂ©. In my mind all week I couldn’t stop thinking about proposing to her on this amazing island. I had the most perfect plan in my head what i wanted to do to propose. On the last day of the trip March 17th it happened. As a group we went to Sharks Cove on the North Shore of Oahu. We rushed to see the sunset all together. Natalie grabbed my hand and we broke off from the group. We went down on the beach on Sharks Cove and I couldn’t wait any longer. I quickly grabbed Natalies shoulders to turn her around and got down on one knee. When I got down on my knee it all became so real so fast and I couldn’t speak. My hands started to shake and I began to tear up. When I couldn’t speak Natalie forced her left hand into my hands because I grabbed the wrong hand. When I ended my short little speech I bobbled the ring in my hands and almost dropped it in the sand. After regathering myself I placed that ring that I have been looking at for so long and gave it to my best friend. She began to cry and all of our friends quickly surrounded us with joy. I will never forget that amazing sunset at Sharks Cove on March 17th, 2015.

I can’t wait to see where life takes us together. You mean the world to me and I can’t wait to give you everything that you deserve in your life. I love you so much Natalie! 



Natalie's story. 

I have one of those personalities that is VERY shy when I am in a group of people who I don't know. But the second I am around my friends, family or even just people that I know I am the loudest human. I am so outgoing and not afraid of a single thing. But I guess when I saw Cru Leavitt for the first time that all changed. I felt an instant connection to him. I was drawn to him. And even after the first night we hangout I didn't want to leave his side. I am the type of person who NEVER would invite myself over pr even text a guy first because I am just way too shy for that. But for some reason I felt like I already knew Cru. I saw him at a uvu soccer game, heard his voice screaming and cheering and the second I saw him, I knew I had to hangout with him. So we talked a little bit after that here and there... And a few months went by.. I kept blowing him off everytime he asked me to hangout. Because my shy side kicked in.

I called him one night and asked him what he was doing, he said he was just with his roomates doing homework at home... (Clearly wasn't the time to hangout with some random girls he's never met.) but I said I was coming over anyway, and he sounded super excited about it. Right that second we jumped in my car and headed over there. We were there for like 20 minutes and left... 
Demi and I were both freaking out at how handsome Cru was, and how sweet and fun all of his guy friends were. They reminded us of my older brothers which is HUGE for me. I remember like being shocked at how beautiful crus feature were. He was tall, tan, bright blue eyes, white perfect smile, I seriously couldn't even hold it in... Demi and I both just started going off and comparing them to people who we thought looked similar... 

I remember thinking those boys are WAY too good for me. They are smart and normal and respectful. Most college boys might drop a swear word, or a crude joke.. But not these guys. They were almost kind of nerdy. And I LOVED that. 
But again, we didn't talk for a while, and then randomly we kind of made plans to hangout, Demi and I went over and we just had CRAZY fun. We jumped off of there banister, we went and joke Slurpees, and then they asked us what we were doing that weekend.. Because they wanted to hang out with us. Unfortunately I had plans to nanny all weekend long over night at a house in Provo. And they just said, "great! We are coming over to help you." I was a little thrown off and thought it was a little funny... Because any other guy would be like dangit... Well we can do something next week. Or maybe we can come over when the kids are asleep. But nope. I get a phone call from Cru first thing the next morning (I was at the nanny house) and just some small talk, then he says, "okay so can I come over?" He spent all weekend with me just hanging out with the kids. I mean HOURS a day. He should have gotten a paycheck he was there so long. Reed would come over throughout the day too. These guys were just so respectful and nice. They straight up did the dishes in the sink. And like cleaned the house. I couldn't believe my eyes. Who just comes to hangout with a girl you just met, the next day after hanging over and helps her nanny all day everyday? It blew my mind. They for sure had better things to do. 

Anyway, after that we didn't spend a day apart. We were all together 24-7. LITERALLY. We had group sleepovers, went on vacations, I have never had more fun. I fell in love with that entire group of people. But especially Cru. He became my everyday life. We became official after about two weeks. It was right after Halloween (which we spent together in Idaho) Cru and I felt pretty sure about each other and felt like we knew one another pretty well.. So well that after just a week of being official I went to thanksgiving in Vegas with his family. Cru kept saying things like "this is the reaI deal" "I'm going full throttle" "things are getting real" and they were! From the beginning we weren't just dating to date. We started dating because we saw things in eachother that we wanted and needed. My Tueller Grandparents are the more protective ones.. They like to interview the boys taking their granddaughters out. Usually my grandpa is a little more sturn towards them at first. Not mean at all... But just likes them more to earn his respect in a way. It has taken years sometime for some of my cousins and siblings boyfriends and spouses to be 100% with my grandpa. But not Cru Leavitt. We went to my grandpas house around Christmas time to put their lights up. And my grandpa was just laughing with Cru and calling him his little buddy and just fell in love with him. After that Everytime I saw my grandparents they would ask me where Cru was. They told me many times that they LOVE him. My aunts and uncles would tell me "grandpa LOVES cru. He has so much to say about him." My sweet angel grandma who was suffering from cancer, and just passed away this week 100% approved of Cru. She let us know that she would be there in the temple with us.. Which was so special. Her funeral is Tomorrow (Saturday). Cru has been in my life through both of my grandmothers passing. And I am so grateful it was Cru and not someone else. He is so sweet and comforting. Cru Leavitt is an honest good guy. He can't lie to save his life.. So it was a miracle that he surprised me with an engament when he did! I have NEVER heard Cru raise his voice. I have never heard him say a bad thing about another person. If Cru has hurt feelings, or is mad, or embarrassed he never takes it out on me.. Or is mean to me for it. He is still so sweet, kind and paitent. He is the perfect guy I have always wanted. He treats not only me, but everyone like gold. He is just that kind of person. He is a genius. Like brain surgeon smart. Everyone that knows Cru LOVES him. I can't tell you how many people I have met that have pulled me aside and told me how lucky I am... And how I scored HUGE. Really truly guys, I wish you could spend even an hour with Cru. Because he isn't just a normal nice guy. He is like EVERYTHING. I don't know why he chose me. Or why he even thought I was cute! Haha but I know I am so so lucky. And that I would NEVER do anything to hurt this sweet angel of mine. 

Cru always jokes and tells me "I can't believe God let one of his angels come down from heaven and spend the day with me again today." But in all reality HE is the angel. He is the hardest working guy I know. And I am so grateful for that.
He has a strong testimony. He is so innocent and pure. I know he has made for me because he is everything that I have asked for and prayed for and MORE. He is incredible. I can't even explain how great of a person he is. Everyone that meets him loves him. I know that because they tell me! 

My sisters are obsessed with him and have nothing but GREAT things to say. My parents are so happy for us and are so excited! 
My brothers are obsessed with Cru too. They are good friends. 
Troy hugs Cru all the time and says "hi brother in law" he is so glad he gets an another amazing brother! 


Cru, thank you so much for being so paitent with me. For making me feel so confident and beautiful everyday. For telling me I can do anything and go anywhere I want to with my life. For lifting me up everyday and never putting me down. For getting my humor and laughing at all my silliness. Not being just as silly and weird back to me. For excepting all my flaws. For being so excited Everytime we see eachother. For missing me. And loving me so much everyday. For reminding me all the time for all the things you love about me. For being honest and open. For never hurting me. For always putting me first. For being obsessed with my family and my friends. For caring about everything that matters to me. I could go on forever... I am so in love with you. I am so obsessed with you! I don't know what I would do without you. I am still so shocked and thrilled that I get to end up with YOU! August 21st will be the best day of my life! 

No comments: